Candidates were continuously asking for the details of Inspector of Post.
Here is the details : –
SSC recruited Inspector for Postal Department for the first time in year 2003 and with a batch strength of 150 which joined in 2005.
From then every year it recruits Inspector Post for Postal Department.
Every year almost every state have vacancies much or less so the chances for Delhi reduces to minimum here : –
Inspector of Post : – Grade Pay 4200
You are eligible after 5 year of continuous service for departmental exam for the post of : –
Assistant Superintendent of Post – Grade Pay 4600
( Keep in Mind other employee of post office like postal assistant too are eligible for this exam so u are not someone special ..:D )
( you will be given 4 chances for this exam if not cleared it will take yearssss for the first promotion on seniority basis)
( This exam contains 4 paper each of 300 marks and is very tough )
Next Promotion : – Postal Superintendent : – Grade Pay 4800 ( Gazetted )
Next : – Postal Superintendent : – ( Same Post but Grade Pay 5400 ) ( Promotion Usually after 4 year as 4800 grade pay )
Next Promotion : – Senior Superintendent of post : – Grade Pay 5400 – Pay Band 1 ( Equal rank to Indian Postal Services Officer )
Next : – Senior Superintendent of post : – Grade Pay 6600
( This is culminate point for Inspector Promotion ) ( You can not get further Promotion )
Total Sectioned Strength of Inspector post in India : – 2187(updated) as if now.
We have even attached a list below for circle wise sectioned strength.
Inspector of Post is basically a junior administrative profile for a postal Sub Division. They work as per instruction from senior administrative authority for the management of a total of 154,812+ post offices across the countries.
So for 154812+ post offices only 2187 inspectors …. Now have a feel that where u stands.
Inspector is Junior Manager of the Department responsible for operation, planning and
development at Sub-Divisional level.
What department want its inspectors to be aware of : –
The Inspector Posts is required to acquire a fair knowledge of legislature enactments like Constitution of India, Indian Penal Code, Criminal Procedure Code (Cr.PC), Indian
Evidence Act, COPRA Act & CAT Act, RTI Act 2005, Indian Post Office Act 1898, Indian Post Office Savings Bank Act 1984, Indian Post Office Savings Banks Rules 1933, Indian
Post Office Savings Certificate Act 1881, Indian Post Office Savings Certificate Rules,. and this is tested in Paper-IV of the examination. Aspirant candidates have to grasp on general knowledge and Current Affairs etc.
And for this , they will give u induction training for all this .
A batch of 62 people from 4 different states has just been passed out from induction Training on 5th Sept 2015.
Job Profile : –
1.) Appointing and Disciplinary Authority for all Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) except GDS BPM
2.) Disciplinary Authority for Postmen and Multi-Tasking Skill (MTS) staff and writing of APAR and leave sanctioning authority for postmen working in the Sub Division
3.) Investigation into all loss and fraud cases and filing of FIR
4.) Mandatory inspections of Mukhya Dak Ghar (MDGs), Sub Post Offices, Branch Post Offices, Railway Mail Offices (RMS), Railway Mail Sections & submission of Inspection
Reports within stipulated time
5.) Assisting Senior Officers in carrying out Inspection of Head Post Offices, Divisional Offices, Regional Offices, Circle Offices, Postal Accounts Offices etc.
6.) Surprise Visits to Post Offices, verification of cash and valuables and second inspections.
7) Role of ASPs, on conferring Gazetted status, expanded and redefined by DoP.
8) Verification of passbooks of all types of Savings Bank schemes in case of fraud in Head Post Office(HO)/ Sub Post Office(SO)/ Branch Post Office(BO).
9) Conveyance of Heavy Cash(in terms of lakhs) to sub Post Offices and Branch Post Offices especially in cases like payments of wages to MGNREGA workers, payment of Social
Security Pension in remote villages etc. with or without escorts.
10) Achievement of targets in procurement of new PLI/ RPLI
11 ) Policies through vigorous marketing strategies of this cadre.
12) Marketing of different premium products, supervision & after sale service.
13) Credit verification in r/o RPLI premium collected by BOs
14) Est-2 verification to ensure justification of existing Post Office(PO) & creation of new PO
15) Verification of statistics relating to work load of all grades of Supervisors in Post Offices, Postal Assistants, Sorting Assistants ,Postman, MTS GR-C, Branch Post Master
and other GDS.
16) Invigilation, observer and Control room duties during departmental examinations.
17) Settlement of pending SBCO objections / minus balance cases.
18) Verification of cash withdrawal of Rs 10000 and above from Savings Bank Accounts
19) RPLI incentive bill verification
20) Postal Life Insurance (PLI)/ Rural Postal Life Insurance (RPLI) death claim verification & processing of cases.
21) Collection & verification of Pension papers of all cadre staff in the department.
22) Collection and verification of papers for compassionate appointment cases.
23 ) Functioning as Inquiry Officer(IO) and Presenting Officer(PO) in quasi-judicial inquiries relating to all cadre staff including GDS .
24) Functioning as Ad-hoc disciplinary authority.
25) Preparation of special report for departmental selection committee.
26) Checking of Franking machine used in the department and licensed to private users with regard to it’s security seal, Meter reading etc.
27) Checking of passbooks of various Savings Bank schemes/ money order payments
28) Attending court cases to represent the Department in CDRF, State Commission, National Commission, CAT, Dist. Court, High Court, Supreme Court and meetings with
29) Checking of punctual clearance of letter boxes by Posting “Test letters”
30) Conduct Live Mail Survey. Carry out establishment reviews.
31) Being the member of checking squads for detecting the leakage of revenue or any other specific purposes.
32) Imparting training to supervisory staff, PA/ SA, GDS / Postman/ MTS Gr-C etc.
33) Monitoring of web related services and Project Arrow post offices daily.
34) Conveyance of State Govt. Public Service Commission /SSC / UPSC examination materials in postal bags to respective head quarters under police protection /escort.
35) Monitoring of IT Modernisation Project of the DoP which envisages migration of 24 Crores POSB accounts into the Core Banking Solution,Networking of 29000 Post Offices into a Single WAN, supply of Rural ICT to 1,26,000 Branch Post Offices and conduct of training to more than 3 Lakhs employees.
36) Opening and monitoring of Sukanya Samrudhi Accounts in post offices.
37) Monitoring and implementation of CBS in post offices.
Now further : –
The Inspectors / Assistant Superintendents Posts also occupy other positions like Office Supervisors / Assistant Superintendents (Head Quarters) in Postal / RMS Division, Investigating Inspectors/ Assistant Superintendent (Investigation), Assistant Superintendent (Vigilance), Assistant Superintendents (Court), Inspector / Assistant
Superintendent (Establishment), Inspector / Assistant Superintendent (Complaints), Inspector / Assistant Superintendents (Technology), Inspector / Assistant Superintendent (Financial Services), Inspector / Assistant Superintendent (Business Development), Inspector / Assistant Superintendent (Core Banking Solutions), Inspector / Assistant Superintendent (Savings Bank), Inspector / Assistant Superintendent (PLI/RPLI), Inspector / Assistant Superintendent (Marketing), Manager in National Sorting Hubs, Manager in Business Post Centres etc. In Circle / Regional Offices to assist the Chief Postmasters General / Postmasters General in the discharge of their duties.
So the thing is it is not like solo marketing job as spread by all the available website over the internet.The thing is no one knows and even try to know the reality . They just copy paste data from 1 website .Who knows may be this content u will find on many websites after 3-4 days.
The best authentic source for Information is always RTI , Company Documents (Manual ), Officer’s words and union. And the above compiled information is a mixture of all three.
So who so ever got the postal inspector job .. Don’t worry it is very good job … Clear the exam and be an ASP just after 5 years….
The main thing is job profile keep on changing in every department.
People shouts here for income tax inspectors.
My friend is working in Mumbai as Income Tax inspector since last 1 year and from starting he has only 1 task – call the tax payers to fill their income tax returns . Seriously since last 1 year he is doing this job only – 0 Tax raid.May be after another year he might do something different.
Keep in mind that SSC jobs are all middle level jobs . No one will make u authority from day 1.For that crack upsc.
Here at SSC to UPSC we only say one thing get one job in ssc no matter what and then go further for UPSC with full confidence and 0 return policy.
And don’t just follow any website blindly especially when the content is same through all website . Work hard – Act smart and enjoy the beauty of life.
Click here to check sectioned strength file as on 31st dec 2013 for inspectors : –
If u like our effort – Help the needy if u ever gets opportunity …